To HeadTeachers and Deputy HeadTeachers...
"Would You Like Us To Increase PSHE and Citizenship Outcomes Within Your School - For Free?"
From The Desk Of Shola Oyedele
If you'd like to increase the PSHE and citizenship outcomes in your school, this will be the most important letter you'll ever read.
I’m looking for a tiny cohort of forward thinking schools we can work with over the next 7 months.
Our specific focus will be to deliver unique and proven workshops in your school that will:
1. Assist students with amplified skills, knowledge and understanding so they can make a more impactful contribution to the community.
2. Develop a deeper understanding and awareness of current affairs within young people, and how government policy affects their lives.
3. Equip your students with the ability to critically explore social issues, reflect and analyse relevant information so they can debate and make reasoned arguments to explain their points of view.
Now, I know these may sound like big promises, so rather than trying to convince you of how we can do all of this, I think it's best (and easiest) for both of us if ...
We Demonstrate This In Your School For FREE
So You Can See For Yourself
So You Can See For Yourself
So here's what I'll do for your school if you meet our criteria...
We're going to deliver a workshop in your school for one group of students, where we will empower the young people to make a real difference to their communities.
Here's how we're going to do that:
We will create the optimal conditions for learning using a wide-range of different teaching models, strategies and techniques in order to achieve our chief outcomes.
In the spirit of total transparency, here are the four areas that we we will be focusing on:
1. Group Discussions: Our well planned discussions encourage and stimulate learning and provide an alternative to the command style of teaching.
2. Media Analysis: Students will be asked to analyse and reflect on a range of media sources presented to them - such as newspapers, campaign materials, videos and social media.
3. Scenarios & Case Studies: Using recent and local case studies, we capture students attention and get them to realise how relevant these topics are for them. They are invited to respond with their own thoughts and feelings.
4. Structured Debates: We encourage pupils’ participation in order to develop their communication, listening and reasoning skills, as well as their ability to lead and influence others. The students each have the opportunity to make a choice and express their opinion on current affairs and key topics in a frank but constructive manner.
If you’ve listened to any of my podcast interviews or read any of my articles, guides or emails then you will know that I focus tremendously on empowering the next generation.
Here at I Have A Gift, we understand the critical requirement of assessment for learning and as such this is always at the heart of our workshop planning and development.
Therefore, throughout the scheme of work, we will be using a range of summative assessments to summarise where the pupils are, at any given point in time.
These are focused on the lesson outcomes, which are closely related to the national guidelines.
Here's How We're Going To Do That
Pupil Self Assessment - Pupils reflecting on what they have learnt, setting their own targets and monitoring their own progress using check-lists, portfolios, before and after comparisons.
Peer Group Assessment - Pupils reflecting on what they have learnt, providing feedback to each other.
Teacher Assessment - The teacher observing, listening and reviewing pupils’ contributions to discussions, and through question & answer.
Post Session Video Feedback/Review - Permitted pupils will be asked to provide feedback and personal testimony on the session, which is to be filmed.
By the end of the workshop, your students will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- To gain an understanding of what freedom of speech isand reflect on its existence in modern Britain
- To recognise the responsibility attached to having freedom of speech.
- To identify British Values and how these values apply in our daily lives.
- To gain an understanding of other value systems around the globe and compare and contrast them to our own.
- To explore the theme of difference and reflect on various different stereotypes.
- To discover and understand immigration.
- To develop an understanding of the fears that people have over immigration and the impact of this on Brexit.
- To understand why there has been an increase in xenophobia and hate crimes AFTER the Brexit referendum.
- Encourage independent thinking, research and fact checking.
- To develop an understanding of what a Hate Crime is and its consequences.
- To be confident to ask questions and feel comfortable to discuss topics in a group setting and be able to validate personal opinions.
- Plus so much more...
This workshop will not be designed to drown you with a mountain of busy work that you typically get with most new curriculum lessons.
It's fully ‘done-for-you’ by our expert facilitators who are all ex-professional footballers and have delivered workshops for the likes of Show Racism The Red Card, The PFA, The Premier League and Kick It Out.
Which leads to a logical question:
Shola, Why Are You Doing This?
Shola, Why Are You Doing This?
The reason I'm doing all this is simple:
If you're the right school, you and your students will gain so much value from our workshop that you’ll want to become a partner school where we’ll deliver this and our other ground-breaking workshops to the rest of your students.
The investment for us to deliver a Full Day of workshops £540 plus travel.
I can assure you that our workshop will not a watered down version with view to “selling” our full workshop.
We're going to deliver a fully interactive workshop with all the bells and whistles you would have received if you had used your budget to pay for us.
And at the end of the workshop you might decide you want to keep working together. If you do, we can discuss your requirements.
And if you don't want to?
That's perfectly okay too. We have no interest (or need) in trying to change your mind.
In fact, your satisfaction is guaranteed.....
As I showed you above, you must see an increased level in the understanding of British values from your pupils and see that they have been able to confidently debate and comment on current affairs. If not, our services will cost you nothing.
Now. Ask yourself who else comes close to putting it all on the line like this? I can assure you, the answer is "no one".
So obviously I'm confident you'll be thrilled with the work we do in your school, whether you decide to "officially" become a partner school or not.
But There's A Real "CATCH"
And it's significant.
This is NOT for every school and I won't extend this offer to just anyone.
There are some schools that we simply can’t help.
In order to get us into your school for free, you must meet our three criteria:
1) Do you have PSHE embedded in all lessons or want to do this?
(This workshop is for schools who already use or have intentions to use debating in any lesson and simply want to do it bigger and better)
2) Are you able to have member of staff present at all times?
(To get the best possible results in the shortest time, it's best to have the teacher that works with the students most often)
3) Are you and your teachers open minded?
(Even the best ideas and strategies will fail if the students don't feel free to express themselves)
If you answered "yes" to all three criteria, then…
Here's What I Want You To Do Next
You must apply to get us into your school, and only 8 schools are going to be able to participate.
As a Charity, we don’t receive any government funding or grants.
Therefore, I'm assuming so much risk by sending my facilitators into your school for free, so I really need to make sure from the get-go that we're a good fit.
You'll need to complete a simple questionnaire where I'll get some basic information about you and your school.
Nothing intrusive, I just want to get a general sense of your objectives for the upcoming term and it'll take you maybe a minute and a half to fill out.
As soon as you fill that out, you'll be taken to a page to schedule our workshop visit.
Once you're booked and you've filled in the questionnaire, I'll personally review it.
If I think we're a potential match and I approve your application, then we'll attend at the scheduled time.
If I don't think we're a match, I will let you know immediately.
If you decide to work with us, our goal is for your students to grow into our country’s next generation of voters and leaders.
And if your school meets the right criteria, that should be a no-brainer.
But don't decide now.
Let's deliver a workshop for you at my risk.
If you see value after that, then we can talk about working together long term.
And if not?
So with that said, if you feel this is a right for you, click the button below to apply and we'll see you soon.
Thanks for taking the time to read this letter and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
P.S. In case you're one of those people (like me) who just skip to the end of the letter, here's the deal:
I'm offering your school our flagship PSHE and Citizenship workshop to empower your students into making a more impactful contribution to society.
The workshop is 100% free. No strings attached
You will not be getting some “watered-down” version in a ploy to get you to pay for our full workshop or anything like that.
Me and my team of ex-professional footballers will be doing all the work and what's important about this is if you don’t feel like you received any value from us being with your students then we’ll leave gracefully - no hard feelings. (And in all our years of delivering workshops, this has never happened.)